I wrote about the Prestige’s 4th Night Free benefit recently, and explained how it can be used to save tens to hundreds of dollars on an extended hotel stay. TripBAM in turn monitors hotel rates daily and sends you a notification when the difference in fare exceeds a limit you configure.
Harlan outlines the process to then apply that rate to a reservation you make through Citi Prestige’s Concierge:
- Make the original reservation with the Prestige Concierge, using the 4th Night Free benefit
- Create an alert with TripBAM to notify you when the price drops
- TripBAM will notify you if/when the rate dips
- Call the hotel directly and mention your confirmation number. By using the confirmation number, you can apply the new rate to the existing reservation.
- Because you use the original confirmation (that Citi Prestige created), you get the original value reimbursed.
Another fun use of this benefit is to find a hotel that is offering a 5th night free rate. If you do, double check to make sure that the 5th night shows as having a cost of $0. Because the last night is free, you will be reimbursed for the 4th night, leaving the net cost as the first three. Not bad, right?
I’m unclear how either of these will work once the new Citi benefits take effect next year – receiving a credit for an average of the nights instead of the 4th night, in particular. However, until then I plan on taking full advantage of this!